AMB - UI / UX Developer II
Clearance: TS/SCI Clearance with Polygraph
Apply for this position:
Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is a SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran owned, and Woman owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sector. Zavda is looking for a UI / UX Developer.
- Responsible for user experience, user workflow, design and 508 compliance
- Shall provide options and recommend changes based on current design standards and trends.
- Development of map-based web applications including implementation of new capabilities and bug fixes.
- Integration with data stores
- Integration with Restful Services
- System design/architecture
- Shall have a minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in software engineering/development and/or systems engineering/analysis.
- Must possess experience in all phases of software engineering to include requirements analysis, development, testing and integration, maintenance, and problem diagnosis/resolution and/or experience in phases of applications systems analysis to include evaluation and design, integration, and optimization of complex systems.
- Must have experience with communication applications, database management, use of programming languages and knowledge of storage and retrieval methods.
- Experienced in the following:
- Detail oriented Self-starter
- Adobe Creative Suite (or other designer tools)
- HTML, CSS, and Bootstrap
- Familiar with Less and Sass
- Understanding of responsive design and touch interface interaction techniques and be in sync with recent design standards and trends.
- Understanding of the limitations of web and mobile, with approaches/ideas to flex those boundaries. A solid portfolio of work demonstrating experience creating great user‐centered design solutions across multiple interfaces and screen sizes.
- Create user‐centered designs for software projects by considering customer feedback.
- Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow of new web and on‐device software applications.
- Create and evaluate interaction models, user task flows, screen designs, and UI details that promote ease of use and optimize the user experience.
- Breakdown complex requirements and concepts into well‐thought visual designs and workflows.
- Ability to work collaboratively with developers, project managers, and cross‐functional teams to ensure that designs are successfully created and implemented to achieve the user goals.
- Experience creating UI specs & wireframes; flexibility and willingness to move from idea, to whiteboard, to execution quickly and provide choices to stakeholders.
- Configuration management tools Git or similar.
- Experience with developing applications software for small to highly complex computer systems or portions of large integrated systems and/or for providing analysis and engineering of functional aspects of software and hardware architecture and system support.
- Experience with preparing detailed specifications from which software products will be designed and/or candidate will translate documented designs into software products by developing, documenting, testing, and debugging code.
- Experience with applications that deal with utility programs, job control language, macro, subroutines, and other control modules.
- Candidate shall be competent to work at the highest level of all phases of software engineering and/or all phases of applications systems analysis with minimal direction or oversight.
- Excellent communication skills.
- System design/architecture/collaboration.
- Ability to work in a cross-team environment.
- Knowledgeable of geospatial applications
- Knowledgeable of 508 Compliance
- Intellij or VSCode experience
Education / Experience:
- A Bachelors degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or related discipline may be substituted for three (3) years of work experience.
- A Masters degree in any of the above disciplines may be substituted for an additional two (2) years of experience.
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individual with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that with benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself to providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.