System Administrator / Windows
Clearance: TS/SCI Clearance with Polygraph
Apply for this position:
Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is a SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran owned, and Woman owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sector. Zavda is looking for a System Administrator / Windows.
- System patching for Widows, Linux, and VMWare systems. OS upgrade cycles, cumulative patching and testing, security updates and software maintenance. WSUS maintenance.
- System maintenance to include maintaining existing server hardware, firmware upgrades, hardware failure resolution, hardware replacement and hardware installation.
- Maintaining configuration baseline to include VMware host profile maintenance, Linux configurations and Active Directory Group Policy.
- Maintaining and creating documentation for hardware, network and system configuration changes to include cabling, storage paths and rack design.
- Maintaining STE/STN compliance for system security plans to include daily rectification of UAM, SEAR, NETSEER, TLS, Nessus, ePO, and SCEP reporting.
- Network-related maintenance to include troubleshooting, packet flow and configuration of physical and software-based firewalls, software-defined networking (VMware NSX) and network hardware.
- Managing and maintaining access to multiple Active Directory domain environments, SQL clustering, Server 2016/2019 systems, Linux systems, gateways, HTML display broker system and proxies
- Track metrics and performance counters to troubleshoot and adjust to system usage as needed, i.e. create/delete new VMs for NLB, adjust resource pools, affinity rules, DRS adjustments.
- Failover cluster and network load balancer management. Operation and maintenance.
- System certificate management, issuing and maintaining system SSL certificates to include Windows, Linux, VMware. Also, maintaining certificate authorities.
- SSP maintenance to include verification of systems, removal/addition of systems and scanning/compliance of systems. Reporting of patch compliance, system compliance and other documentation.
- Proprietary system management such as the FireEye to include configuration, guest image updates and daily content updates.
- Attend weekly meetings
- Software solution review, installation, and testing (i.e. an internal Git server needed for customer requirements, Teams Foundation Server, Share Point etc.)
- Maintaining ePO exclusions which change due to Enterprise changes.
- Vendor-related communications, support cases and engineering for design documentation and outfitting
- System Center Configuration Manager – endpoint and systems management for CM maintenance
- Backup maintenance and verification.
- Rotate through an On-Call status (once every 3 weeks, daily on-call pay provided)
- Shall have three (3) years of direct experience with an intelligence community or signals intelligence activity.
- Shall have three (3) years experience in a technical leadership role, leading projects and programs for Government or Industry customers.
- Shall have twelve (12) years in a technical role in projects and programs for Government or Industry customers.
- During those twelve (12) years, shall have significant demonstrated experience in the following: Designing complex collection systems; integrating systems using multiple operating systems (Solaris, Linux, and Windows 2000); performing tradeoff studies; System performance analysis.
- Shall have five (5) years experience as a Systems Engineer in programs that encompass system architecture, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation.
- Shall have five (5) years experience in the following: Solaris, Linux, and Windows utilities and techniques to diagnose and correct performance bottlenecks.
- Shall have seven (7) years experience developing, delivering, testing and supporting integrated hardware and software systems using recognized industry recognized process management; such as a CMMI Level 2 and above, or NSA Way process structure.
- Shall have a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (e.g. Business Management, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Management, Program Management etc), or two (2) years of additional relevant experience above all experience requirements listed, in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with VMware vCenter and ESXi (6.5, 6.7, and 7.x)
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2019, 2016, and 2012 R2
- Experience with Linux Operating Systems, specifically CentOS 7 and 8
- Experience with Powershell, PowerCLI and/or comparable tools
- Knowledge of Core IT Systems (Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, WSUS, File Storage Services, IIS)
- Knowledge of OS upgrade cycles, cumulative patching, testing, security updates and software maintenance.
- Knowledge of physical server hardware (HPE, Dell, etc.) system maintenance and firmware upgrade processes
- Knowledge of Layer 2/Layer 3 TCP/IP networks and routing
- Familiar with customer STE/STN requirements (UAM, McAfee, SEAR, NETSEER, IPAM, etc.)
- Ability to research products for customer requirements and coordinate with vendors
- Ability to manage deliverables and coordinate/schedule communication with customers.
- Experience in implementing solutions with PKI-controlled access is desired.
- Experience in Agile methods is desired.
- VMware Certified Professional / MCSA or MCSE
- Experience with Cisco network hardware, switches (iOS, Nexus) and firewalls (ASA, Firepower)
- Experience with Azure (Administrator, Solutions Architect, or DevOps)
- Knowledge of Windows Failover Clustering Systems
- Knowledge of Windows Network Load Balancing
- Knowledge of Windows SQL Server Systems
- Knowledge of Windows System Center Configuration Management
- Knowledge of Storage Area Networks (SAN) and iSCSI
- Knowledge of VMware NSX networks virtualization, SDN and NSX Firewall Qualifications
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individual with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that with benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself to providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.