AMB - Network Engineer III
Clearance: US Citizen with TS/SCI with Poly
Apply for this position: Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is an SDB Certified, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned, and Woman-owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sectors. Zavda is looking for a Network Engineer to join our team!
- Responsible for the critical review of, and providing recommendations on, networks or network service design, maintenance, and implementation, including operational considerations based on customer requirements, operational experience, and technical knowledge.
- Responsible for the architectural design, deployment, and documentation of new network requirements and changes to current network configurations.
- Oversee a major network architecture upgrade to include white-paper design, deployment, and configuration of devices.
- Provide fault analysis, isolation, and correction, configuration, and upgrades of network devices to include Cisco Routers, Firewalls, and Switches.
- Provide support for customer networks involving cross-domain solutions, including VPNs, one-way data transfers, unclassified mission-related infrastructures, and Taclane 175 encryption devices. Specific configurations include routing using MPLS/VPLS, OSPF, EIGRP at the Core and Distribution devices, and switching at the Access devices.
- Experience in reverse engineering systems in an attempt to detail the required system specifications, external interfaces, and environmental requirements.
- Build systems and networks that would support the system and integrate it into the customer infrastructure.
- Provides recommendations and critical reviews of network or network service design, maintenance, and implementation, including operational considerations based on customer requirements, operational experience, and technical knowledge.
- Provides daily oversight and guidance in managing operational matters and mentoring entry-level engineers in all aspects of networking.
- Configure and troubleshoot Cisco Catalyst switches (Spanning Tree, Port Security, VTP, Ether channels, VLANs)
- Configure and troubleshoot Cisco ASR routers (including HSRP, OSPF, BGP, route-map)
- Configure/Troubleshoot Cisco ASA firewalls
- Configuring and troubleshooting BIND, DHCP, and DNS servers
- Configure and troubleshoot HTTP / SSL / TLS based issues
- Troubleshoot ACL/NAT issue on ASAs
- Create router/switches templates for network standardization
- Monitors system performance and implements performance tuning
- Use of Linux network troubleshooting tools to solve complex network issues (tcpdump, ssldump, curl, wget, mtr, tcp traceroute, nmap, openssl, tshark)
- Develop bash and/or python scripts, utilities and tools used for network troubleshooting
- Troubleshoot various DNS, SMTP, IP routing, latency, and connectivity issues
- Implement TCP/IP & related services-DHCP/DNS
- Install/Upgrade Cisco Switches and Firewalls (ASA) IOS using TFTP
- Implement SSH/RADIUS authentication on Cisco Hardware
- Troubleshoot network problems using Protocol Analyzers
- Maintain all LAN/WAN connectivity
- Document network problems and resolution for future reference
- Oversee software and network security
- Tier 3, On-call/after-hours support
- Shall have ten (10) years of experience in the planning, design, development, implementation, and technical support of multi-platform, multi-system networks to encompass diagnosing network performance shortcomings and designing and implementing performance improvements.
- Ten (10) years of experience designing and implementing network solutions for complex, high-performance systems composed of UNIX or LINUX based hardware platforms
- Significant experience provisioning and sustaining network infrastructures and have experience developing, operating, and managing networks required to operate in a secure PKI, IPSEC, or VPN enabled environment
- Significant experience with CISCO network equipment, i.e. 2800 series, 6509, 6513, 3825, 3750, 4900, ASR-1004 & 1006, etc.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certified at the Professional level in Network Security (CCSP), Network Design (CCDP), and/or Routing & Switching (CCNP)
- Able to understand routing protocols, QOS, be able to implement traffic shaping and policing on the network, and understand IPSEC tunneling
- At least three years of direct experience with an intelligence community or signals intelligent activity.
- CCNA Security or Security+ CE or higher certification
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individuals with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself on providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.