AMB - Middleware Developer II
Apply For this position:
To apply for this position, send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to HR@zavda.com.
Clearance: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is a SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran owned, and Woman owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sector. Zavda is looking for a Middleware Developer.
- Development of Geospatial web applications/supporting back-end applications including implementation of new capabilities and bug fixes
- Potential to assist with design, implementation, and modification of data flows/ingest processes
- Develop knowledge of applications and assist across multi-tier applications
- Integration with data stores, e.g Postgres and Mongo
- Design and implementation of RESTful web services
- Test driven development
- End to end system design/architecture
- Implementation of user security and data access
- Must possess experience in all phases of software engineering to include requirements analysis, development, testing and integration, maintenance, and problem diagnosis/resolution and/or experience in phases of applications systems analysis to include evaluation and design, integration and optimization of complex systems.
- Must have experience with communication applications, database management, use of programming languages and knowledge of storage and retrieval methods.
- Datastore integration (preferably MongoDB and PostgreSQL)
- Processing data streams in formats such as XML, JSON, CSV as well as custom formats
- Apache Tomcat/Apache HTTP Server
- Java Security: Secure communications and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- End to end System design/architecture
- Implementation of RESTful web services using Jersey
- Developing, optimizing, and deploying web applications in an Apache/Tomcat environment
- Configuration management tools Git or similar
- Development of bash/sh scripts
- Strong ability to investigate new or existing capabilities and issues, collaborate and work independently as well as in a team environment
- Experience with developing applications software for small to highly complex computer systems or portions of large integrated systems and/or for providing analysis and engineering of functional aspects of software and hardware architecture and system support.
- Experience with preparing detailed specifications from which software products will be designed and/or candidate will translate documented designs into software products by developing, documenting, testing and debugging code.
- Experience with applications that deal with utility programs, job control language, macro, subroutines, and other control modules.
- Candidate shall be competent to work at the highest level of all phases of software engineering and/or all phases of applications systems analysis with minimal direction or oversight.
- Ability to work in a cross-team environment
- Knowledgeable of geospatial applications
- Eclipse/VSCode or equivalent
- Use of Jenkins for testing and continuous integration
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or related discipline may be substituted for three (3) years of work experience.
- A Master’s degree in any of the above disciplines may be substituted for an additional two (2) years of experience.
- Shall have a minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in software engineering / development and/or systems engineering / analysis.
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individual with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that with benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself to providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.