Database Administrator - Senior
Clearance: US Citizen with TS/SCI with Poly
Apply for this position: Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is an SDB Certified, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned, and Woman-owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sectors. Zavda is looking for a Database Administrator to join our team!
- Research and development of new software products and applications on the leading edge of established knowledge and standards.
- Responsible for designing, planning, implementing, and administering databases, including security, access, and documentation.
- Monitor, manage and develop SQL databases on NETAPP, EMC storage and database servers.
- Analyze and determine information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity, and documenting problems, changes, and solutions.
- Conceive, design, prototype, and test new methods, algorithms, and models.
- Define architecture requirements and performance standards to meet management and customer specifications.
- Coordinates new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing database structure.
- Advise hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
- Prepare reports on analyses, findings, and project progress, and presents results to management and/or customer personnel.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned. Stay current on vendors' best security practices in relation to organizational requirements.
- Provide Tier III support
- Shall have a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Management, Program Management, etc).
- Shall have three (3) years of direct experience with an intelligence community or signals intelligence activity.
- Shall have twenty (20) years in a technical role in projects and programs for Government or Industry customers.
- Shall have twelve (12) years experience as a Systems Engineer in programs that encompass system architecture, requirements analysis, process execution, and evaluation.
- Shall have ten (10) years of experience developing, delivering testing supporting integrated hardware and software systems with functional requirements within a CMMI Level 2 or NSA way Process structure.
- Shall have eight (8) years of experience providing technical direction for the development engineering, integration, and testing of complex hardware/software systems.
- Shall have seven (7) years of experience developing documentation required in support of both technical and training requirements.
- Shall have seven (7) years experience in developing system architecture and design including:
- Interface requirements
- Shall have five (5) years of experience in developing strategic and implementation plans for large-scale information systems.
- Shall have four (4) years experience in reverse engineering and re-engineering; leading system definition, trade-off and design activities; leading analysis of system requirements and components; performing system audits to ensure intended system functionality, operation, and performance requirements are achieved; system performance analysis; and planning the next-generation system.
- Experience in implementing solutions with PKI-controlled access is desired.
- Experience in Agile methods is desired.
- Broad experience in multiple relational DBMS. Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies customer systems and/or applications software.
- Experience working with ORACLE, MYSQL and Postgress databases
- Security+ CE certification
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individuals with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself on providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.