TCW - Data Analyst II
Apply for this position: Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is a SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran owned, and Woman owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sector. Zavda is looking for a Data Analyst II.
The major duties of the position involve evaluation of diverse sources and formats of data ingested to support National Security Agency (NSA) Cybersecurity Service Provider (CSSP) functions, and the customization and normalizing of that data to enhance mission performance. Incorporates customer requirements to devise tailored dataset algorithms, workflows, analytics, and visualization solutions enabling cybersecurity evaluation, research, and simulations.
- Analyze and define data requirements and specifications; Anticipate changes in data capacity; assess validity of source data.
- Collect metrics and trending data; Perform sensitivity analysis.
- Read, interpret, write, modify, and execute simple scripts on Windows and UNIX; utilize different programming languages to write code, and to open, read and write files.
- Communicate written and verbal information in a timely, clear, and concise manner.
- Apply cybersecurity and privacy principles to organizational requirements (relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation).
- Develop data standards, policies, and procedures; conduct hypothesis testing using statistical processes.
- Document implementation of mathematical, data science, and/or computer science methods.
- Identify common encoding techniques; Assess predictive power and generalizability of a model.
Education / Experience:
- Six (6) years of demonstrated experience as a data analyst in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Three (3) years of demonstrated experience in cybersecurity activities in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level I or Level II certification. (ie- A+, CCNA-Security, CND, Network+, SSCP, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, or Security+). Any of the listed certs meet this requirement.
- Computing Environment (CE) certification.
- Requires successful completion of the Splunk software training course "Fundamentals 1".
Equivalent: The CE certification requirements can be fulfilled with either Microsoft OS, Cent OS/Red Hat OS CE certifications.
Work Schedule: M-Fr, 8-hour shifts around core working hours of 10a-2p
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individual with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that with benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself to providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.