Test Engineer 2
Clearance: TS/SCI w/ Polygraph
Apply for this position:
Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is a SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran owned, and Woman owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sector. Zavda is looking for a Test Engineer 2 to analyze system requirements and concept of operations documents, acquisition plans, and system descriptions to develop evaluation and test plans and procedures, prepare for and conduct the data collection and analysis, and report status and results. Supports the development of Government test and evaluation documentation e.g., Test & Evaluation (T&E) Strategy, Test & Evaluation Master Plan, Event Test Plans, Test Readiness Assessments, and T&E Reports. Works with other test organizations to support T&E program integration. Provides specialized T&E capabilities tailored to system functions, level, maturity, and performance area as assigned in the SOW.
- Assist with any or all of the Level 1 tasks as constrained by technical training and previous testing experience.
- Conduct research into and apply knowledge of Government test and evaluation concepts and related engineering, acquisition, and operations activities as needed to support the T&E activities.
- System Evaluation Tasks - Planning and Execution of Performance Analysis
- Performance Requirement Analysis - Assess operational and system performance requirements for testability and criticality to frame and prioritize T&E objectives and enable evaluation planning.
- Decision criteria analysis - Review planned acquisition approaches to support T&E schedule alignment with decision maker needs for T&E support.
- System Analysis - Coordinate with program System Engineering (SE) and review T&E-related SE information to leverage functional analysis, system descriptions, parameter selection, and dependencies, modeling and simulation, and initial performance risk assessments to inform evaluation planning.
- User Liaison - Assess operational environments and priorities for evaluation attention and scenario selection, and to coordinate user participation in T&E.
- Analyze performance risk areas to focus T&E planning.
- Specify, validate, and adept modeling and simulation for T&E use.
- Plan for program - and even-level risk-tailored performance estimation and analysis of system and operational Effectiveness and Suitability metrics & conditions; levels of T&E include inspection, demonstration, paper analysis, survey, simulation, and physical test.
- Apply Statistical Analysis of variations in performance behavior to characterize confidence in performance estimates.
- Design surveys for evaluation of Subject Matter Expert (SME) input and user assessments of performance.
- Select, develop, & use analysis tools.
- Participate in the T&E Working-level Integrated Product Team (WIPT) and/or Integrated Test Team for coordination of evaluation plans.
- Execute the evaluation plan on data collected by the Testing Tasks.
- Produce Evaluation Plans (metric framework, scenarios/threads, timelines, requirements/T&E cross-walk), Analysis Plans, Data Requirements, Risk Assessments, Evaluation Reports, Status reports; provide input to Government T&E products (e.g., Technology Readiness Assessments, Test & Evaluation Strategy, Test & Evaluation Mast Plan, T&E Plans & Procedures and Test Readiness Reports).
- Testing Tasks - Planning and Execution of Performance Data Collection.
- Plan program - and event-level testing for collection of data required for analysis and to synch T&E events with supported decision points.
- Design data sampling schemes to optimize the information/resource balance and to control testing uncertainties.
- Select, coordinate, and calibrate instrumentation, collection and data management tools, targets, & facilities.
- Ensure test readiness including training of test event participants reconduct of the event; equipment readiness, and security, legal, and privacy compliance arrangements.
- Establish and employ Data & Configuration Management capabilities.
- Support Data Authentication group functions; and comply with program Discrepancy Reporting criteria and processes.
- Participate in T&E WIPT and/or Integrated Test Team for coordination of data collection plans.
- Execute Testing and Data Collection per plan.
- Produce associated Test Plans, Procedures, and Reports/Briefings, Data Management Plan.
- Define and provide technical direction and guidance for the Level 1 tasks to the Level 0 and Level 1 TEs assigned to the task.
- Recommend draft plans and reports from the Level 1 tasks for approval by the task leader.
- Work directly with the Government sponsor to coordinate task implementation.
- Maintain knowledge of current and evolving agency, national, and international standards applicable to the system development of interest.
- Five (5) years experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Science, Engineering, Statistics, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional TE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- One of the following technical certifications or equivalent* is required:
- Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP) from INCOSE
- DAWIA - SPRDE - Level 2
- DAWIA - Test and Evaluation - Level 2 *Level 2 TE Certification Equivalency – Two (2) years of additional TE experience and evidence within the past two (2) years of completed T&E training/coursework – to include training/coursework obtained through corporate sponsorship, the International Test and Evaluation Association (ITEA), and/or the National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA).
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individual with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that with benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself to providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.