Clearance: US Citizen with TS/SCI with Poly
Apply for this position: Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is an SDB certified, Service-Disabled Veteran Owned, and Woman-owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sectors. Zavda is looking for a Database Administrator to join our team.
- Maintains the integrity, security, and availability of database(s).
- Administers maintains, and implement policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database(s).
- Organizes and formats data for efficient query and storage processes.
- Establishes and maintains database user accounts.
- Performs disaster recovery, performance analysis, tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of data.
- Develops policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database(s).
- Evaluates requirements and recommend available DBMS products.
- Performs database and software life-cycle activities to ensure the highest level of system performance and availability.
- Provides server administration with a variety of database products that include Oracle, SQL Server, and SYBASE.
- Supports data modeling activities by way of prototype database implementations.
- Coordinate database architecture changes with Database Engineer (DBE)s
- DIrect the monitoring, administrating, and implementing performance on database systems as well as database performance optimization, developing/changing database indices, redesigning database structure, and reloading data into a database.
- Direct the installation of database management systems, databases, tables, and views.
- Directs the administration and use of current and emerging database tools, strategies, and technologies.
Education / Experience:
- 10 years experience and B.S. OR
- 14 years experience and no degree
- Experience with basic Oracle administration
- Nice to have: Basic System Admin (Windows or Linux) experience
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veterans/Females/Minorities/Individuals with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself to providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.