Cryptologic Language Training Developer I (Chinese)
Clearance: US Citizen with TS/SCI with Poly
Apply for this position: Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is an SDB certified, Service-Disabled Veteran Owned, and Woman-owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sectors. Zavda is looking for a Cryptologic Language Training Developer to develop language materials/content to mirror language analyst tasks and update existing materials to meet NSA/CSS language training requirements. Use blended learning techniques which may include a combination of eLearning tools, video and audio exercises, readings, case studies, and demonstrations of required skills through work-related tasks in accordance with Government guidance.
- Research and leverage classified and unclassified domain-specific language resources for relevant, authentic language content.
- Clarify and document customer operational requirements, training objectives and language levels of materials.
- Assist in the prioritization of requirements for training development.
- Develop training materials to include transcription, translation, and analysis of operational, task-based exercises.
- Collaborate with language instructors and other Government and Contractor developers in the design, development and documentation of language and domain-specific training materials.
- Employ technology (ex. Audacity, Adobe C5S, Adobe Premier) in developing training materials for language learning that combines blended delivery modes such as online, distance, asynchronous eLearning technology and self-paced instruction.
- Collaborate with SIGINT Operations technical experts as well as other Government and Contractor instructors and developers to obtain and develop language materials.
- Develop practical evaluations to test the student’s mastery of the learning and/or performance objectives.
- Identify and recommend learning applications and tools that enhance training delivery.
- Team with other Government and contract language instructors and developers.
- Meet skill level requirements for Microsoft Outlook Level I, PowerPoint Level I and Word Level I
- One year experience using digital audio tools such as Audacity or Sound Forge.
Education / Experience:
- B.A./B.S. in language, Area Studies, Education, Educational Technology, ISO or other directly related discipline.
- A speaker with native capability and a minimum ILR proficiency level 4 in reading, listening and speaking in the standard form of the language to be taught and a minimum ILR proficiency level 2 in reading, writing, speaking and listening in English – OR – a speaker with native capability in English and a minimum ILR proficiency level 3 in reading and listening in the standard form of the language to be taught. Skill levels must be documented within the last 3 years
- Minimum of five (5) years experience, shall include:
- Three (3) years SIGINT or Intelligence Community experience as a language analyst; and
- Two (2) years experience within the last six (6) years, of applied practical experience developing, documenting and/or updated basic, intermediate, and advanced language training materials following the principles of ISO:
- In lieu of the relevant Bachelor’s Degree: four (4) additional years of applied, practical experience in the language education, instructional design or language analysis fields for a total of nine (9) years work experience may be substituted.
- One (1) year experience typing, using English and appropriate foreign language fonts, keyboards, and computer software.
- One (1) year experience, within the last four (4) years, in synchronous and asynchronous instructional systems design and in the development of skills-based instruction to adults to include using web-based or distance learning teaching technologies (e.g. Centra, Blackboard, Questionmark, SumTotal).
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individual with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that with benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself to providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.