PTX - Operational Language Analyst IV (Chinese-Mandarin)
Apply For this position:
To apply for this position, send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to HR@zavda.com.
Clearance: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is a SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran owned, and Woman owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sector. Zavda is looking for an Operational Language Analyst IV.
The Operational Language Analyst performs tasks required to process voice and/or graphic language materials in support of SIGINT Operations.
The Operational Language Analyst shall demonstrate the skills of the lower level plus the following cryptologic language processing skills:
- Transcribing complex and sophisticated spoken material and translating complex and sophisticated written material
- Gisting complex and sophisticated written and spoken material
- Performing quality control review of translations and transcripts of complex and sophisticated written and spoken material
- Bachelor of Arts (BA)/Bachelor of Science (BS) degree, or equivalent from other countries.
- lnteragency Language Roundtable (ILR) Skill Level 3 in both Audio Translation Performance and Translation Performance from the required language(s) into idiomatic, standard American English. Scores from the NSA Civilian Language Test of Record, valid at time of resume submission, may be used as acceptable validation for text translation and audio translation skill level(s). ILR skill level validation shall be documented within two (2) years prior to resume submission.
- Equivalent of fifteen (15) years full-time combined cryptologic language processing, related language, and/or related cryptologic experience.
- One (1) of the eight (8) years' experience in the required language(s) shall be within six (6) years of resume submission.
- For no more than seven (7) of the required fifteen (15) years' experience, reporting shall be the primary duty.
- At least three (3) years' experience in the required language(s) shall be in performing quality control review of both audio translations and text translations at the ILR level 3.
- At least five (5) of the eight (8) years' experience in the required language(s) shall be in translating and/or transcribing, and gisting.
- At least six (6) of the eight (8) years' experience in the required language(s) shall be in cryptologic language processing.
- At least eight (8) of the fifteen (15) years' experience shall be in the required language(s).
- At least eight (8) of the fifteen (15) years' experience shall be in performing Cryptologic Operations language processing.
- In lieu of the bachelor’s degree, an additional four (4) years of directly related, applied, practical work experience may be substituted for a total of nineteen (19) years' experience.
- One (1) year experience typing on an English keyboard.
Acceptable Experience for Operational Language Analyst IV:
- Performance of the lower-level tasks constitutes acceptable cryptologic language processing experience.
- Performance of the lower-level tasks constitutes acceptable related language experience.
- Performance of the lower-level tasks constitutes acceptable related cryptologic experience.
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer that is inclusive to Veterans, Women, Minorities, and Individuals with Disabilities. We pride ourselves on our continued professional growth and are always looking for qualified candidates. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to our team with questions on positions or for more information about our company!