PTX - Operational Language Analyst I (Pashto-Afgani)
Apply For this position:
To apply for this position, send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to HR@zavda.com.
Clearance: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is a SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran owned, and Woman owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sector. Zavda is looking for an Operational Language Analyst.
The Operational Language Analyst performs tasks required to process voice and/or graphic language materials in support of SIGINT Operations.
The Operational Language Analyst shall demonstrate the skills of the lower level plus the following cryptologic language processing skills:
- Recovering essential elements of information
- Rendering translations and/or transcripts based on straightforward, factual writer and/or spoken material
- Gisting straightforward, factual written and/or spoken material
- Typing on an English-language keyboard
- High school diploma, general equivalency diploma (GED), or equivalent from other countries
- lnteragency Language Roundtable (ILR) Skill Level 2 in Audio Translation Performance and/or Translation Performance from the required language(s) into idiomatic, standard American English. Scores from the NSA Civilian Language Test of Record, valid at time of resume submission, may be used as acceptable validation for text translation and audio translation skill level(s). ILR skill level validation shall be documented within two (2) years prior to resume submission.
- Equivalent of two (2) years of full time experience performing cryptologic language processing in the required language.
- At least one (1) of the two (2) years' experience in the required language(s) shall be in translating and/or transcribing, and gisting.
- One (1) year experience typing on an English keyboard.
Acceptable Experience for Operational Language Analyst I:
- When performed within Cryptologic Operations, the lower-level tasks and the following tasks constitute acceptable cryptologic language processing experience: scanning and sorting/categorizing foreign language materials; recovering essential elements of information; gisting, translating, transcribing; and compiling and updating operational working aids and databases.
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer that is inclusive to Veterans, Women, Minorities, and Individuals with Disabilities. We pride ourselves on our continued professional growth and are always looking for qualified candidates. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to our team with questions on positions or for more information about our company!