PTX – Language Analyst Reporter III (Chinese-Mandarin)
Apply For this position:
To apply for this position, send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to HR@zavda.com.
Clearance: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is a SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran owned, and Woman owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sector. Zavda is looking for a Language Analyst Reporter III.
The Language Analyst Reporter performs tasks required to draft intelligence reports from voice and/or graphic language materials in support of SIGINT Operations.
The Language Analyst Reporter shall demonstrate the skills of the lower level plus the following cryptologic language processing and reporting skills:
- Scanning and sorting/categorizing foreign language materials
- Performing quality control review of translations and/or transcripts of complex and sophisticated written and/or spoken material
- Conducting target research and analysis
- Producing reports using appropriate formats for dissemination
- Bachelor of Arts (BA)/Bachelor of Science (BS) degree, or equivalent from other countries.
- lnteragency Language Roundtable (ILR) Skill Level 3 in Audio Translation Performance and/or Translation Performance from the required language(s) into idiomatic, standard American English. Scores from the NSA Civilian Language Test of Record, valid at time of resume submission, may be used as acceptable validation for text translation and audio translation skill level(s). ILR skill level validation shall be documented within two (2) years prior to resume submission.
- Equivalent of twelve (12) years full-time combined cryptologic language processing, intelligence reporting based on foreign language materials, related language, and/or related cryptologic experience.
- One (1) of the four (4) years' experience in reporting shall be within five (5) years of resume submission.
- One (1) of the six (6) years' experience in the required language(s) shall be within six (6) years of resume submission.
- For at least four (4) of the twelve (12) years' experience, reporting shall be an integral duty.
- At least one (1) of the six (6) years' experience in the required language(s) shall be in performing quality control review of ILR level 3 audio translations and/or text translations.
- At least four (4) of the six (6) years' experience in the required language(s) shall be in translating and/or transcribing, and gisting.
- At least four (4) of the six (6) years' experience in the required language(s) shall be in cryptologic language processing.
- At least six (6) of the twelve (12) years' experience shall be in the required language(s).
- At least eight (8) of the twelve (12) years' experience shall be in performing Cryptologic Operations language processing and intelligence reporting based on foreign language materials.
- In lieu of the bachelor’s degree, an additional four (4) years of directly related, applied, practical work experience may be substituted for a total of sixteen (16) years' experience.
- One (1) year experience typing on an English keyboard.
Acceptable Experience for Language Analyst Reporter III:
- When performed within Cryptologic Operations, the lower-level tasks and the following tasks constitute acceptable cryptologic language processing experience: quality control of gists, translations and transcripts; and mentoring language analysts in language processing.
- Performance of the following tasks constitutes acceptable experience in intelligence reporting based on foreign language materials: conducting target research and analysis; monitoring classified and open sources for useful information; compiling and integrating information; analyzing collection-related information for tasking; producing and performing quality control of reports using appropriate formats for dissemination.
- Performance of the following tasks constitutes acceptable related language experience: oral interpretation (from the required language into English and vice versa); text translation (from the required language into English and vice versa); audio translation (from the required language into English); audio transcription in the required language; document exploitation that involves gisting/translation (from the required language into English); mentoring language analysts in language processing; and formal teaching of the required language in platform and/or online/distance learning environments.
- Performance of the following tasks constitutes acceptable related cryptologic experience: Within Cryptologic Operations: target development; network analysis; speaker identification; language identification; and document exploitation that involves sorting/categorizing/language identification.
Fort Meade, MD
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer that is inclusive to Veterans, Women, Minorities, and Individuals with Disabilities. We pride ourselves on our continued professional growth and are always looking for qualified candidates. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to our team with questions on positions or for more information about our company!