PTX – Language Analyst Reporter I (Chinese-Mandarin)
Apply For this position:
To apply for this position, send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to HR@zavda.com.
Clearance: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is a SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran owned, and Woman owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sector. Zavda is looking for a Language Analyst Reporter I.
The Language Analyst Reporter performs tasks required to draft intelligence reports from voice and/or graphic language materials in support of SIGINT Operations.
The Language Analyst Reporter shall demonstrate the following cryptologic language processing and reporting skills:
- Recovering essential elements of information
- Rendering translations and/or transcripts based on straightforward, factual written and/or spoken material
- Gisting straightforward, factual written and/or spoken material
- Drafting reports for dissemination
- Typing on an English-language keyboard
- High School Diploma, General Equivalency Diploma (GED), or equivalent from other countries.
- Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) Skill Level 2 in Audio Translation Performance and/or Translation Performance from the required language(s) into standard American English. Scores from the NSA Civilian Language Test of Record, valid at time of resume submission, may be used as acceptable validation for text translation and audio translation skill level(s). ILR skill level validation shall be documented within two (2) years prior to resume submission.
- Equivalent of four (4) years full-time experience performing cryptologic language processing in the required language and drafting intelligence reports.
- (U) For at least eighteen (18) months of the four (4) years' experience, translating and/or transcribing, and gisting shall be the primary duties.
- (U) For at least eighteen (18) months of the four (4) years' experience, reporting shall be an integral duty.
- (U) Two (2) of the four (4) years' experience shall be within four (4) years of resume submission.
- One (1) year experience typing on an English keyboard.
Acceptable Experience for Language Analyst Reporter I:
- Performance of the following tasks constitutes acceptable cryptologic language processing experience: scanning and sorting/categorizing foreign language materials; recovering essential elements of information; gisting, translating and transcribing; and compiling and updating operational working aids and databases.
- Performance of the following tasks constitutes acceptable reporting experience: conducting target research and analysis; monitoring classified and open sources for useful information; compiling and integrating information; and producing reports using appropriate formats for dissemination.
Fort Meade, MD
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individual with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that with benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself to providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.