Wireless Network Analyst / Engineer
Clearance: US Citizen with TS/SCI with Poly
Apply for this position: Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is an SDB certified, Service-Disabled Veteran Owned, and Woman-owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sectors. Zavda is looking for a Wireless Network Analyst / Engineer to be responsible for performing vulnerability assessments of Wireless LAN (WLAN) networks at customer sites and conducting thorough testing/experimentation to better identify behavioral trends of potential malicious wireless network activity. The Wireless Network Analyst/Engineer creates detection methods to identify network traffic indicating likely compromised behavior and develops techniques to enhance and automate the discovery process.
- Perform assessments of WLAN networks employing advanced security
- Stays abreast of new technology offerings and best practices as it relates to Wi-Fi
- Apply knowledge to recommend enhancements to customer wireless networks
- Assist in developing capability to identify traffic patterns and behavioral trends of potential malicious wireless network traffic
- Develop, integrate, and execute test plans for wireless assessments including scripts for automation.
Education / Experience:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Cybersecurity, or related + 5 years’ experience
- Expert knowledge of wireless standards (802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n, 802.11ac, 802.11ad) and 802.1Z authentication
- Experience configuring, troubleshooting, and testing wireless networks using 802.1X authentication (RADIUS and/or TACACS authentication servers)
- Advanced knowledge of layer 2/layer 3 technologies (Ethernet, VLAN bridging, STP, 802.1q, 802.3ad, TCP/IP, DHCP, MPLS, SNMP, HTTP)
- Multi-protocol data network experience with strong knowledge of routing and routed protocols to include TCP/IP, EIGRP, BGP, and OSPF.
- Extensive experience with packet/protocol fault analysis for common IP and Ethernet protocols and troubleshooting wired and wireless connections using wireless traffic analyzers (Wireshark, TCPdump, Omnipeek, etc.)
- At least two of the following certs: CWNA, CWSP, CWAP, CWDP, CWNE, ACMA, ACMP, CCNA, CCNP, CCNA Wireless, CCNP Wireless.
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individual with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that with benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself to providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.