Wireless Network Analyst/Engineer
Clearance: TS/SCI w/ Polygraph
Apply for this position:
Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is a SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran owned, and Woman owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sector. Zavda is looking for a Wireless Network Analyst/Engineer who is responsible for performing vulnerability assessments of Wireless LAN (WLAN) networks at customer sites, and conducting thorough testing/experimentation to better identify behavioral trends of potential malicious wireless network activity. The Wireless Network Analyst/Engineer creates detection methods to identify network traffic indicating likely compromised behavior and develops techniques to enhance and automate the discovery process.
Required: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform assessments of WLAN networks employing advanced security
- Stays abreast of new technology offerings and best practices as it relates to Wi-Fi
- Apply knowledge to recommend enhancements to customer wireless networks
- Assist in developing capability to identify traffic patterns and behavioral trends of potential malicious wireless network traffic
- Develop, integrate, and execute test plans for wireless assessments including scripts for automation
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Cyber Security or other related fields
- Expert knowledge of wireless standards (802.11 a, 802.11 b, 802. 11 g, 802.11 n, 802.11 ac, 802.1 lad) and 802. l X authentication
- Experience configuring, troubleshooting, and testing wireless networks utilizing 802.lX authentication (RADIUS and/or TACACS authentication servers)
- Advanced knowledge of layer 2/layer 3 technologies (Ethernet, Virtual LAN [VLAN], bridging, STP, 802. lq, 802.3ad, Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol [TCP/IP], Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol [DHCP], Multiprotocol Label Switching [MPLS]), Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP), Linux/Unix/Mac Operating System (OS) X, and Windows operating systems
- Multi-protocol data network experience with a strong knowledge of routing and routed protocols including, but not limited to TCP/IP, Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Open Shortest Path First (OSPF)
- Demonstrated expert ability capturing, analyzing, and interpreting raw network traffic.
- Extensive experience with packet/protocol fault analysis for common IP and Ethernet protocols and troubleshooting wired and wireless connections using wireless traffic analyzers (Wireshark, TCPDUMP, Ornnipeek, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to program techniques to evade network-based intrusion detection systems with 5 years+ of wireless implementation and support of advanced 802.11 a/b/g/n network design with 5 years+ designing, implementing, and supporting wireless access points and controllers Cisco, Aruba or other major vendors
- Knowledge of Wireless Intrusion Detection System/Wireless Intrusion Prevention System (WTDS/WIPS) technologies, Vi1iual Private Networks (VPNs), firewall theory, and packet analysis principles and techniques applied in securing operating systems and Local Area Network/Wide Area Network (LAN/WAN) networks.
- Possess at least two of the following certifications: Certified Wireless Network Administrator (CWNA), Certified Wireless Security Professional (CWSP), Certified Wireless Analysis Professional (CW AP), Certified Wireless Design Professional (CWDP), Certified Wireless Network Expert (CWNE), Aruba Certified Mobility Associate (ACMA), Aruba Certified Mobility Professional (ACMP), CCNA, Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), CCNA Wireless, or CCNP Wireless
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individual with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that with benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself to providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.