Network Traffic Analyst – Intermediate
Clearance: US Citizen with TS/SCI with Poly
Apply for this position: Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is an SDB certified, Service-Disabled Veteran Owned, and Woman-owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sectors. Zavda is looking for a Network Traffic Analyst to conduct analysis of collection and open-source data to profile target networks and their activities. Utilizes knowledge of target technologies and digital networks and the applications on them to determine the operating posture of the network. Develops techniques to gain more target information. Applies analysis techniques against metadata collected from communications systems to characterize networks, and accurately report vulnerabilities identified from metadata analysis. Analysts should be technology savvy and flexible enough to rapidly shift from one data collection to another. Selects collection of data required for analysis. Basic internet research skills and an understanding of telecommunications and computer network communications fundamentals are required. Organizes resources and information in support of mission and operational requirements. Accommodates last minute requirements and has the flexibility to respond to ever-evolving quick-reaction capability requirements. Participation in Analyst-to-Analyst exchanges, seminars, conferences, or other as requested.
- Apply analytic techniques against metadata collected from communications systems to characterize networks, and to accurately report vulnerabilities identified from metadata analysis.
- Conducts advanced analysis of collection and open-source data to profile target networks.
- Apply analytic techniques to review relevant content carried in network communications.
- Develop techniques to gain target information.
Education / Experience:
- 5 years of network analysis experience to include non-IP networks
- 5 years’ experience with telecommunications, network management, systems and network management and protocol
- Basic data processing skills (i.e.-scripting in Perl, Python, etc.)
- Experience researching and using telecom standards (ITU Telecommunications Standardization Sector [ITU-T] Recommendations and Internet Engineering Task Force [IETF] Requests for Comments [RFCs]
- Experience with data repositories such as BLACKPEARL, xKEYSCORE, NKB, etc.
- Experience in operating front-end systems such as AST-557, Packet Raptor, AST-128, etc.
- Experience with Wireshark or similar protocol analysis product.
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individual with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that with benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself to providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.