Network Intrusion Detection Specialist - Senior
Clearance: US Citizen with TS/SCI with Poly
Apply for this position: Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is an SDB certified, Service-Disabled Veteran Owned, and Woman-owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sectors. Zavda is looking for a Network Intrusion Detection Specialist to provide advisory services in terms of Computer Network Defense (CND) analysis supporting active security monitoring missions. Identifies, evaluates, and recommends new opportunities for active/holistic defense against adversarial activities based on vulnerability information to protect agency networks, devices, and information. Assesses and advises of risk mitigation techniques, guidance, and best practices in defending against the most critical cyber threats on a continuous basis. Analyzes and evaluates recommendations for system improvements, optimization, development, and maintenance efforts in the following specialties: information systems architecture; networking; telecommunications; automation; communications protocols; risk management/electronic analysis; software; life cycle management; software development methodologies; and modeling and simulation.
- Identifies and documents triage data gaps to determine how to help posture on cyber related issues.
- Collaborate with Government to discuss/resolve technical issues and/or changes in operating scope; Document and brief Government technical and management staff as required.
- Investigate, develop, and apply statistical methods, counterintelligence, and computer forensic analysis techniques to enhance network security and mitigate malicious threats.
- Perform risk management. Identify monitoring risks and determine the administrative or engineering means to mitigate the risk.
- Discover, characterize, and assess anomalous network and platform activity on various information systems.
- Provide first instance threat actors analysis and reports to NSA/CSS Enterprise Mission Elements as required.
- Evaluate and document identified cross-domain violations and submit findings for analysis and report generation.
- Survey network traffic for high priority malicious attacks, anomalous traffic, or other incidents of interest.
- Provide initial event analysis assessing risk and vulnerability implications for agency technologies and customers.
- Advise NSA/CSS Information Systems Incident Response Team (NISIRT) of risk mitigation measures and modifications to operational priorities based on Information Assurance (IA) vulnerability information.
- Provide validation of cyber events vulnerability analysis for NSA/CSS mission elements.
- Identify potential areas for deeper dive analysis of threat and vulnerabilities for NSA/CSS Mission Elements.
- Advise of tools employment to discover new cyber threat actors.
- Provide cause and effect analysis of new/potential sources of unauthorized access to networks, databases, and systems and potential mitigation strategies.
- Assess network topologies to understand data flows through networks and provide mechanisms to tip countermeasures.
- Provide reports detailing adversarial capabilities, exploits, Cyber activity, and vulnerabilities in addition to mitigation techniques and best practices in defeating threats.
- Provide reports detailing documentation for, and briefs to Senior level Government Officials.
- Investigate and advise of innovative solutions to threat-monitoring challenges; validate implementation of enterprise-level networking and security solutions in addressing said challenges.
Education / Experience:
- B.S. in Network systems engineering, programming, high-performance computing fields + 8 years -OR-
- M.S. + 6 -OR-
- PhD + 4
- Experience should include Internet protocols (TCP/IP and IPSec); Computer Networks Theory and practices; Network Security
- At least 3 years’ experience with GOTS/COTS intrusion detection system frameworks such as Bro, Zeek, Bricata, etc.
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individual with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that with benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself to providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.