Data Scientist – Senior
Clearance: US Citizen with TS/SCI with Poly
Apply for this position: Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is an SDB certified, Service-Disabled Veteran Owned, and Woman-owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sectors. Zavda is looking for an Data Scientist who will develop machine learning, data mining, statistical and graph-based algorithms to analyze and make sense of datasets; prototype or consider several algorithms and decide upon final model based on suitable performance metrics; build models or develop experiments to generate data when training or example datasets are unavailable; generate reports and visualizations that summarize datasets and provide data-driven insights to customers; partner with subject matter experts to translate manual data analysis into automated analytics; implement prototype algorithms within production frameworks for integration into analyst workflows.
- Lead a team of data scientists in the development of multiple analytic efforts
- Work with customers and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to define analytic requirements and guide the team in formulating analytics that meet requirements
- Guide the transition of prototyped analytics to production system
- Understand emerging machine learning and pattern recognition algorithms and guide a team of data scientists in integrating state-of-the-art algorithms into solutions
- Delegate analysis responsibilities to one or more team members and monitor performance
Education / Experience:
- M.S. in a quantitative discipline (i.e.-statistics, math, operations research, engineering, or computer science) + 8 years experience -OR-
- BS in quantitative discipline + 10 years or PhD + 6 years
- Experience must be in 2 of the following: design/implementation of Machine Learning, data mining, advanced analytical algorithms, advanced statistical analysis, artificial intelligence, or software engineering with data analysis software such as R, Python, SAS, or MATLAB.
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individual with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that with benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself to providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.