System Engineer 2 – DSOC-SME (Swing Shift 2-10pm any 5 days per week)
Clearance: US Citizen with active TS/SCI with poly
Apply for this position:
Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is a SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran owned, and Woman owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sector. Zavda is looking for a System Engineer 2 – DSOC-SME who will provide remote system administration support, system maintenance, and operation of Windows/Unix workstations. Troubleshoots problems and applies resolutions remotely. Resolves desktop problems and service requests such as software installs remotely using tools such as SMS, Remote Desktop Connection, Active Directory, etc.
- Fourteen (14) years of experience as an SE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required. Bachelor's degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree.
- Experience should include a minimum of 4 years of experience with technical background in diverse operating systems (Windows XP is a must), hardware platforms and software packages
- A+/Net+ or higher is required upon submission
- Monitors, tests and troubleshoots hardware and software IA problems pertaining to the network environment
- Recommends and schedules IA related repairs to include performing IA related customer support functions such as installation, configuration, troubleshooting, customer assistance, in response to customer requirements for the network environment (NE)
- Analyzes patterns of non-compliance and identifies vulnerabilities resulting from a departure from the implementation plan or that were not apparent during testing
- Computer hardware architecture knowledge
- Must have software installation and troubleshooting experience
- Microsoft Exchange knowledge and troubleshooting
- Use/knowledge Microsoft Office Applications
- Use/knowledge of Active Directory
- Use/knowledge Network and Internet Applications and Protocols
- Must possess good communication and customer service skills.
- Candidate must be a team player and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to Multi-task and adapt to a dynamic work environment.
Desired: Preferred Experience
- Use/Knowledge of a Ticketing system, knowledge of Remedy
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individual with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that with benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself to providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.