Information Systems Security Engineer - Intermediate
(Day Shift: Mon - Fri )
Clearance: US Citizen with TS/SCI with Poly
Apply for this position: Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is an SDB Certified, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned, and Woman-owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sectors. Zavda is looking for a Information Systems Security Engineer to join our team.
- Conduct technical evaluation of information system design, focusing on information security aspects and accreditation
- Utilize various information system inspection tools to audit systems, analyze potential vulnerabilities and identify mitigation approaches to support
- Perform vulnerability/risk assessment analysis to support accreditation and other program protection activities
- Prepare and review program documentation to include Risk Assessment Reports, Accreditation Packages, and security policy guides
- Coordinate with external organizations and guide accreditation packages through the customer process
- Review requests for software installation and conduct technical risk assessment on the implementation of the software
- Work closely with system administrators to validate patching, AV definitions, and other security tools are updated/not vulnerable
- Coordinate and track security action requests and status
- Assist contractors with system designs to incorporate appropriate security features, conduct pre-accreditation inspections, and provide assistance in the preparation of accreditation documents
- Conduct periodic assessments of contractor facilities to ensure compliance with security requirements tailoring requirements as needed
- Assist customer staff with resolving any operational security issues involving supporting contractors
- Maintain operational security posture for the program
- Conduct weekly auditing requirements and analyze results
- Must meet contract level requirements for appropriate position.
- In addition, position requires Seven (7) years of experience as an ISSE on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity required.
- Experience should include:
• On call required for 24x7 support - Essential personnel
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Leadership skills to guide and mentor less experienced personnel
• Strong communications skills
• Ability to lead and work as part of a team
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- IASAE Level 2 is required.
- Four (4) years of ISSE experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree.
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individuals with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself on providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.