GES - System Engineer III (Backup Engineer)
Apply For this position:
To apply for this position, send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to HR@zavda.com.
Clearance: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Certification: IAT Level II
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is a SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran owned, and Woman owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sector. Zavda is looking for a System Engineer III.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Engineering, designing, implementing, upgrading, and managing a large Backup/Restore environment
- Troubleshooting backup devices, storage, networking, VMs, and operating systems issues
- Gathering requirements and provide technical direction for the support and integration of backup/restore systems
- Providing hardware/software testing in a lab environment
- Documenting processes and procedures and preparing reports for management
- Eight (8) years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Must have working knowledge of Dell Data Domain/Avamar product
- Must have working knowledge of CIFS, NFS, iSCSI and NDMP
- Must have strong troubleshooting skills
- Must be able to work independently or with no supervision
- Must be able to work extended hours if needed
- Must be available for after hours on-call support
- Must be available for possible travel (less than 10%)
- Prefer that you have a passport or willing to obtain one
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individual with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that with benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself to providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.