GES - System Administrator I (Exchange)
Apply For this position:
To apply for this position, send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to HR@zavda.com.
Clearance: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Certification: IAT Level II
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is a SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran owned, and Woman owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sector. Zavda is looking for a System Administrator I.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Provide engineering and technical expertise to the Messaging Services Team.
- Provide technical support in evaluating, designing, implementing, capacity planning, and providing daily operations and maintenance support of a complex enterprise Exchange environment, as well as mobile computing environments.
- Assist in developing methods to minimize customer impact, create/edit project documentation, ensure all policies and procedures are followed, work within the scope of the project, and adhere to time constraints.
- Help to meet strategic business goals, client requirements, and service level agreements (SLAs).
- Candidate should expect to participate in 24 X 7 on call rotation and be available for short notice call in
- After hours, weekend, and shift work may be required due to operational tempo
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline from an accredited college or university
- Two (2) years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Administration, Design, and operational support and maintenance of enterprise level server environments, specifically a Microsoft Exchange environment.
- Understanding of DAGs, CAS, archiving, Unified Messaging
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, group policy, DNS, SMTP, PowerShell, Blackberry Server and other Mobile devices, Windows Server 2008R2, 2012 and 2016, Office 365, server hardware,
- Exchange aware backup software, current versions of Microsoft Outlook and workstation operating systems.
- Ability and willingness to learn new and emerging technologies and take direction and guidance from senior engineers
- Advanced analytical and creative problem-solving skills for creation and testing of software systems and maintenance of same
- Ability to work with little supervision in high stress / high visibility environments with time sensitive requirement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to provide systems diagnoses and resolution for current systems, create support documentation, interact with external customers and a strong ability to brief management and customers
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to take direction and retain information
- Ability to write, edit, and run PowerShell scrips and commands
- Should possess good analytical and problem-solving skills to troubleshoot system problems
- Comfortable before an audience of peers and/or seniors
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individual with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that with benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself to providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.