GES - Information Systems Security Officer I
Apply For this position:
To apply for this position, send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to HR@zavda.com.
Clearance: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Certification: IAT Level 1 Certification
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is a SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran owned, and Woman owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sector. Zavda is looking for a Information Systems Security Officer.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conduct technical evaluation of information system design, focusing on information security aspects and accreditation
- Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction
- Monitors and analyzes Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation
- Conducts regular audits to ensure that systems are being operated securely, and information systems security policies and procedures are being implemented as defined in security plans
- Develops, tests, and operates firewalls, intrusion detection systems, enterprise antivirus systems and software deployment tools
- Researches, evaluates, tests, and implements new security software or devices
- Implements, enforces, communicates, and develops security policies or plans for data, software applications, hardware, telecommunications, and information systems security education/awareness programs
- Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance
- Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications, and operating systems
- Five (5) years of experience as an ISSO on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with Configuration and Document Management
- Experience with Security Policy
- Experience with Security Vulnerability Scanning Tools
- Experience with System Security Plan (SSP)
Annapolis Junction, MD
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer that is inclusive to Veterans, Women, Minorities, and Individuals with Disabilities. We pride ourselves on our continued professional growth and are always looking for qualified candidates. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to our team with questions on positions or for more information about our company!