FC - Platform Engineer I
Clearance: US Citizen with TS/SCI with Poly
Apply for this position: Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is an SDB Certified, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned, and Woman-owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sectors. Zavda is looking for a Platform Engineer to join our team.
Provide hardware, operating system, and system administration support for the highly available enterprise services offered by the Government. Skills include software scripting, software installation, provisioning, and configuration. Assist in the design and implementation of hardware and systems. Troubleshoot, repair, configure, monitor, test, and support deployed and campus-based datacenters. Provide programming scripts for system testing, monitoring, and repair. Ensure operating system/applications are patched and the security status is compliant.
- Load, configure and patch the operating system
- Review logs to diagnose systems problems
- Create and maintain virtual machines
- Build and install software packages
- Write scripts, build and maintain storage arrays
Education / Experience:
- B.S. Computer Engineering field or related to computer science + 5 years PE experience OR
- H.S. 9 years PE experience
- IAT Level 2 (or higher) Certification
- 3 years supporting and installing Linux, Unix, Windows, or Cisco OS
- 1-year configuring, troubleshooting a messaging service such as Java Messaging Service, TIBCO, ActiveMQ, Artemis, Kafka
- 1-year using configuration management tools like GIT, Confluence, Redmine for document repository
- Ability to run Security Scans on systems using tools such as Nessus
- Ability to provide documentation for Security accreditation
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer that is inclusive to Veterans, Women, Minorities, and Individuals with Disabilities. We pride ourselves on our continued professional growth and are always looking for qualified candidates. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to our team with questions on positions or for more information about our company!