FC - Database Engineer I
Clearance: US Citizen with TS/SCI with Poly
Apply for this position: Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is an SDB Certified, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned, and Woman-owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sectors. Zavda is looking for a Database Engineer I to join our team.
Provides technical expertise for database design, development, implementation, information storage and retrieval, data flow and analysis. Develops relational and/or Object- Oriented databases, database parser software, and database loading software. Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design. Responsible for developing a database structure that fits into the overall architecture of the system under development and has to make trades among data volumes, number of users, logical and physical distribution, response times, retention rules, security and domain controls. The DBE works primarily at the front end of the lifecycle-requirements through system acceptance testing and Initial Operational Capability (IOC). Develops requirements from a project’s inception to its conclusion for a particular business and Information Technology (IT) subject matter area (i.e., simple to complex systems). Assist with recommendations for, and analysis and evaluation of systems improvements, optimization, development, and/or maintenance efforts. Translates a set of requirements and data into a usable document by creating or recreating ad hoc queries, scripts, and macros; updates existing queries, creates new ones to manipulate data into a master file; and builds complex systems using queries, tables, Open Database Connectivity and database storage and retrieval using Cloud methodologies.
- Support the database design, development, implementation, information storage and retrieval, data flow and analysis activities
- Support the analysis and evaluation of system improvements, optimization, development and/or maintenance efforts
- Support the development of long- and short-term requirements for database administration and design
- Assist in developing databases, database parser software, and database loading software
- Translate a set of requirements and data into a usable database schema by creating or recreating ad hoc queries, scripts and macros, updates existing queries, creates new ones to manipulate data into a master file
- Assist in developing database structures that fit into the overall architecture of the system under development
Education / Experience:
- Three (3) years’ experience as a DBE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Five (5) years of DBE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Additional contract or position specific required experience for this level (skills, technologies, expertise):
- Information Technology:
- One (1) year experience as a Database Engineer in Oracle Database
- CWIP: IAT Level I Certification, IA Baseline in the Oracle Database Management System
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individuals with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself on providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.