Database Administrator - Junior
Clearance: US Citizen with TS/SCI with Poly
Apply for this position: Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is an SDB Certified, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned, and Woman-owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sectors. Zavda is looking for a Database Administrator to join our team.
Maintains the integrity, security, and availability of multiple database(s). Duties include disaster recovery, performance analysis, tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of data. Administers maintains, develops, and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database. Evaluate and recommends available database management system (DBMS) products. Performs database and software life-cycle activities to ensure the highest level of system performance and availability and compliance with business requirements. Performs Oracle, SQL Server, and SYBASE Database and Application server administration. Organizes and formats data for efficient query and storage processes.
- Maintain the integrity, security, and availability of database(s)
- Establish and maintain database user accounts
- Administer, maintain, and Implement policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database(s)
- Organize and format data for efficient query and storage processes
- Evaluate requirements and recommends available DBMS products
- Provide server administration with a variety of database products that include Oracle, SQL Server, and SYBASE
- Perform disaster recovery, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of data
- Develop policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database(s)
- Perform database and software life-cycle activities to ensure the highest level of system performance and availability
- Support data modeling activities by way of prototype database implementations
Education / Experience:
- B.S. in a technical discipline + 5 years of DBA experience OR
- H.S. + 9 years DBA experience
- 1-year experience with Oracle database systems
- IAT Level 1 (or higher) Certification
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individuals with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself on providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.