System Administrator Integration and Testing
Clearance: TS/SCI Clearance and Polygraph
Apply for this position:
Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is an SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran Owned, and Woman-owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sector. Zavda is looking for a System Administrator to join our team.
- Responsible for the upkeep, configuration, and operation of computer systems and servers. Ensure that uptime, performance, resources, and security of the computers/servers/systems meet user requirements.
- Acquire, install, and/or upgrade computer components and software; provide routine automation; maintain security policies; troubleshoot; train or supervise staff; or offer technical support for projects.
- Be knowledgeable of operating systems and applications, as well as hardware and software troubleshooting, knowledge of the purposes for which people in the organization use the computers.
- Be on call when a system goes down or malfunctions and be able to quickly and correctly diagnose the issue and how best to fix it. Need to have teamwork and communication skills; as well as being able to install and configure hardware and software.
- Must understand the behavior of software in order to deploy it and to troubleshoot problems, and generally know several programming languages used for scripting or automation of routine tasks.
- Responsible for automating system or application configuration with various configuration management tools.
- Must have a strong grasp of computer security. This includes not only deploying software patches but also preventing break-ins and other security problems with preventive measures.
Desired: Basic Qualifications:
- Shall have a minimum of seven (7) years experience in software engineering/development and/or systems engineering/analysis.
- Must possess experience in all phases of software engineering to include requirements analysis, development, testing and integration, maintenance and problem diagnosis/resolution, and/or experience in phases of applications systems analysis to include evaluation and design, integration and optimization of complex systems.
- Must have experience with communication applications, database management, use of programming languages and knowledge of storage and retrieval methods.
- Must have experience in networks, storage, Linux, virtual environments, and general hardware knowledge.
- Experience with COTS/GOTS; specifically: LINUX, KVM, OpenStack (compute, Cinder, Neutron) or similar virtualization technology.
- Experience with big storage – GPFS, Lustre.
- Perl/Python/Shel scripting experience.
- Networking experience – subnetting, routing.
- Applying operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
- Configuring, adding, and deleting file systems.
- Plan and manage the data center environment.
- Ensuring uniformity between development, test, and production environments.
- Troubleshooting any reported problems.
- System performance tuning.
- Installing and configuring new hardware and software.
- Analyzing system logs and identifying potential issues with computer systems.
- Adding, removing, or updating user account information, resetting passwords, etc.
- Be able to answer technical queries and assist users.
- Documenting the configuration of the system.
- Training users
- Experience with perl, python and web services
- Experience with developing applications software for small to highly complex computer systems or portions of large integrated systems and/or for providing analysis and engineering of functional aspects of software and hardware architecture and system support.
- Experience with preparing detailed specifications from which software products will be designed and/or candidate will translate documented designs into software products by developing, documenting, testing, and debugging code.
- Experience with applications that deal with utility programs, job control language, macro, subroutines, and other control modules.
- The candidate shall be competent to work at the highest level of all phases of software engineering and/or all phases of applications systems analysis with minimal direction or oversight.
Education / Experience:
- A bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or related discipline may be substituted for three (3) years of work experience.
- A Masters degree in any of the above disciplines may be substituted for an additional two (2) years of experience.
- Aurora, CO or Hanover, MD
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individual with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that with benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself to providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.