Clearance: TS/SCI w/ Polygraph
Apply for this position:
Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is an SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran Owned, and Woman-owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sectors. Zavda is looking for a Database Engineer to join our team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing database development and administration support in a fast-moving, secure, environment
- Provide engineering/operational maintenance and upgrades for Postgres, Mongo databases.
- Maintain and improve the database schema, database design, and transition development
- Troubleshoot database and/or software problems as they apply to design, implementation, or installation activities
- Shall have three (3) years of direct experience with an intelligence community or signals intelligence activity.
- Shall have three (3) years of experience in a technical leadership role, leading projects, and programs for Government or Industry customers.
- Shall have twelve (12) years in a technical role in projects and programs for Government or Industry customers.
- During those twelve (12) years, shall have significant demonstrated experience in the following: Designing complex collection systems; integrating systems using multiple operating systems (Solaris, Linux, and Windows 2000); performing tradeoff studies; System performance analysis.
- Shall have five (5) years of experience as a Database Engineer in programs that encompass system architecture, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation.
- Shall have five (5) years of experience in the following: Solaris, Linux, and Windows utilities and techniques to diagnose and correct performance bottlenecks.
- Shall have seven (7) years of experience developing, delivering, testing, and supporting integrated hardware and software systems using recognized industry-recognized process management; such as a CMMI Level 2 and above, or NSA Way process structure.
- Shall have a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (e.g. Business Management, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Management, Program Management etc), or two (2) years of additional relevant experience above all experience requirements listed, in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Must possess experience in all phases of database engineering to include requirements analysis, development, testing and integration, maintenance and problem diagnosis/resolution, and/or experience in phases of applications systems analysis to include evaluation and design, integration and optimization of complex systems
- Shall have IAT Level II or willing to get it within 6 months of the start date.
- Must have experience with communication applications, database management, use of programming languages, and knowledge of storage and retrieval methods
- Experience supporting PostgresSQL, PostGIS, and AWS databases.
- Experience in Agile methods is desired.
- Experience designing, architecture, maintain,ing and managing databases
- Ability to write and modify Bash scripts.
- Experience working with Git, PgAdmin and JIRA
- SQL/PL-SQL knowledge to execute/troubleshoot scripts and performance tune of databases
- Familiar working in a replicated environment using WAL files for recovery
- Evaluating, defining, planning, designing, implementing, refining, and deploying database solutions in a LINUX VM environment at the Enterprise and project levels.
- Sizing (capacity planning), data modeling, performance analysis, and tuning queries.
- Experience in maintaining the integrity of enterprise-wide databases and associated applications.
- Experience performing database and software lifecycle activities to ensure the highest level of systems performance and availability, and compliance with business requirements.
- Developing successful backup and recovery procedures for databases
- Experience with tuning database performance
- Must have worked on large to very large databases.
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individuals with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself to providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.